Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Fall Break

I had a really great fall break this year. It started on Thursday when I woke up at about 12 noon. It felt so good to be able to sleep in for so long instead of waking up at 5:30 A.M. Once I was awake, my friend called me to go with him to the field house in Merrillville to play basketball. I thought there was only going to be a few people I knew there, it turned out that a whole bunch of my friends had decided to go on the same day. We played pick-up games for about three hours before everybody left. I went home and didn't do much until I went to sleep. The next day was going to be a long one.
On Friday my family and I woke up bright and early to join a few other families on a trip to Turkey Run State Park in Marshall, Indiana. It was a pretty long drive from my house, but it was well worth it. We spent all day hiking in many different types of terrain. It ranged from forests, to canyons, and to even some small mountains. The scenery was amazing, and it even made me forget how exhausted I was to be hiking for so long. We finished the day with a bonfire at my house. It was really cold that night, but the fire kept me nice and warm.
On Saturday and Sunday, I pretty much did nothing all day. Saturday, I watched college football until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. Sunday, I watched NFL football up until it was time to trick- or -treat. At first, I was planning not to go trick -or -treating, but a few of my friends changed my mind. I wasn't really dressed as anything in particular, but I got a ton of candy nonetheless. Overall, I really enjoyed my four day weekend.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment